Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Damned Chemistry

Do you remember I used to sit next to you in biology class?
And I would study you rather than the texts.
Everything I gleaned about the human eye
Was from careful observation of yours.
I dissected your navy blue jumper
And weighed each breast in the palms of my mind
Ran my hands over your skin
And kept samples on slides
To examine under the microscope
Later.
And all I learned about reproduction was purely
From the thought of you
With me.

And do you remember during physics
I was always caught in your gravity?
Your mass would draw me closer
Than the teacher would allow
And I would spend most of the lesson
Outside
The Headmaster’s office.

I was always picked last in games
As I would simply stand and stare
Across the football field
To the tennis courts
And watch your thighs shimmer in the sun
Below that tiny blue skirt;
Your breasts like tennis balls
Fastened to heaven
With sports tape.
And I never took my eyes from you,
Ball in hand,
Bottom of the scrum.

In History I dug for evidence
Of my initials
Scrawled across your exercise books.
In R.E. I worshipped you alone,
Discounting all other options.
I imagined kissing you in French.
Worked out the odds of being yours in Maths.
And in geography
I would map out the contours of your body.
It was just my bloody luck
The only thing we didn’t have together
Was damned Chemistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment