Search This Blog

Sunday 9 May 2010

Poem of Uncertainty

To think
We wrote all those stories
In just one day
Remember the one
Where you dressed as an injun'
And you hunted me, the bear?
Or the one
Where we were married on the beach
With a greyhound as our witness
And a preacher that told terrible jokes?
And You were so beautiful
Like the ocean
And I was the beach
You pounded me into submission
With every swell of laughter
Washing me in and out like sand
With every breath
And children now hold the broken pieces
Of my heart to their ears and listen
To the sounds of you

And yet I'm so afraid, my love
What if we have read the last line
And sneakedapeek
At the ending
Too soon
Having missed all the twisty
Turny
Bits
That make the story worth reading?
What if we never discover how happy
They turned out to be:
The greyhound with the chicken bone
And the priest
Who wouldn't sing

No comments:

Post a Comment