Search This Blog

Monday 18 January 2010

Venn Diagram



And what if we had never fallen in love?
Our lives would have been like
The middle part of a Venn diagram
Shaded in grey, incomplete.

There would have been parties and opportunities
But the moment would have passed.
You would be in the kitchen,
Me on the stairs.

Our trains would have passed on the track
We would have stopped and looked and smiled
Across the station
As others boarded.

But I am glad we took our moment and ran.
Now my life it is yours to fill.
Let your circle overlap mine
Colour me in until the days stop.

1 comment:

  1. This was written, very last minute for two very dear friends of mine for their wedding. I was going to read it during my speech (I was best man) but when the groom read me his poem "Knitting" the morning of the wedding - I was so blown away I sent them this during their honeymoon. His name is Mike Leeman, check out his stuff - He is brilliant

    ReplyDelete